FINE ART SOCIETY, London - 28th April - 19th March 2017
- Solo Show 'Silvering'
SELECTED VISUAL ART 2007-2017
FINE ART SOCIETY, London - Women Artists a Conversation 6-28th Feb 2017
- Group Show of twenty women artists
ROYAL ACADEMY, London - June 2016
- 'Summer exhibition'.
CHARLIE DUTTON, BEJING
- 'Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am' group show of work on paper.
NEW ART PROJECTS London - June 2015
- 'Magic' group show curated by Fred Mann
- 'Art15' London
VENICE BIENNALE 56 Venice - June 2015
- 'Fall of the Rebel Angels' group show curated by Vanya Balogh
LAWRENCE ALKIN GALLERY, London - March 2015
- 'What do you Want' solo show of new miniature paintings.
DISPLAY GALLERY, London - March 2015
- 'Sunday in the Park with Ed' group show curated by Cedric Cristie.
- 'Disturbance' group show in conjunction with International Woman's Day.
HONG KONG ART FAIR, March 2015
- Representing The Fine Art Society.
FINE ART SOCIETY, LONDON October 2015
- 'What Marcel Duchamp Taught Me' group show curated by Kate Bryan.
CHARLIE SMITH GALLERY, LONDON November 2014
- "Idolatry' group show curated by Zavier Ellis.
AEROPLASTICS CONTEMPORARY, BRUSSELS November 2014
- 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being' group show curated by Jerome Jacobs.
JERWOOD SPACE, LONDON November 2014
- 'Suspicion' group show curated by Dan Coombs.
FINE ART SOCIETY, London - September 2014
- 'How Are You?' solo show of new paintings.
B1, London - October 2013 and 2014
- 'The Future Can Wait" with Saatchi Gallery and Channel 4 New Sensations, curated by Xavier Ellis.
DAVID RISLEY, Denmark, - February 2014
- 'It's our Music/It's our Art'. Group show of artists who make music and musicians who make art
MAGASIN3 MUSEUM, Stockholm, Sweden - February 2014
- 'We're Still Here' group show.
FRED LONDON, London - May 2013
- Solo show of new paintings.
ROYAL ACADEMY, London - June 2013
- 'Summer exhibition'.
VOLTA, (New York), Barcelona and MIAMI Art Fairs - 2013
NEUE KUNST FROTH KUNSTHALLE, Brighton - January 2013
- "****" group show curated by Alex and Kate Lyddon.
LION AND LAMB GALLERY, London - January 2013
- 'Soul Meat' group show curated by Lee Maelzer for Marcus Harvey's project space.
HERRICK GALLERY, London - June 2012
- "Plate" group show curated by Alice Herrick.
CHARLIE DUTTON GALLERY, London - December 2011
- Group show selected by Matthew Collings, Toby Clarke, Dan Hays and Mike Silva.
VICTOR WYND GALLERY, London - December 2011
- 'Glitterbug' group show curated by Alice Herrick.
FOUR CORNERS GALLERY, London - November 2011
- 'Closer to Something' group show of experimental film material
WALKER GALLERY LIVERPOOL, JOHN MOORE PAINTING PRIZE 2010
NO:ID GALLERY, WHITECHAPEL, London - August 2009
- 'Squeeze-Box', solo show of new paintings and drawings.
BARBICAN GALLERY, London - 2009
- 'Free Art Fair' curated by Jasper Joffe.
ST JOHN'S CHURCH, Bethnal Green, London - December 2009
- Ghost 2' screening of my film 'The Go-Between Again' in a group show curated by Sarah Sparkes.
CALVERT22 GALLERY, London - July 2008
- 'Fresh Air Machine'. co-curated and exhibited work at the gallery's opening exhibition
L-13 LIGHT INDUSTRIAL GALLERY, LONDON - NOV 2007
- 'Cracks in Time' solo painting show.
FORTHCOMING PERFORMANCES 2016
Raw Power Festival 2017 (dates TBA)
SELECTED PERFORMANCES 2005-2015
STJOHN'S HACKNEY Dec 2015
-FaUSt and Nurse With Wound
- FAUST with guests
BAD VIBES FESTIVAL, london , 2015
- Performative collaboration with Faust, Thurston Moore and Mohida Sawada.
AVANT GUARD FESTIVAL - Schiphorst - Germany 2005-2013
- Live performance and painting.
CALARTS, Los Angeles USA 2012
- Performance and live visual work and work-shops over two days at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and CalArts Campus.
EUROPEAN CULTURE CONGRESS WROCLAW POLAND 2011
- Perfomance and live painting (supported by Goethe institute)
CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, Berlin - Sept 2011
- - Performance and live painting show, curated by PanthaduPrince at CFA's
Victorio Manalese project space.
CENTRO CULTURAL SAO PAOLO, Brazil 2011
- -Live performance at Mci- Mes da Culture Independente
WREXNER CENTRE, USA - October 2009
- Live music and painting performance.
DETROIT MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART, USA - October 2009
- Short residency with workshops using paintings as installations and live music and painting performances with 'Faust'.
L-13 LIGHT INDUSTRIAL GALLERY 2007
- Improvised fluxes performance with Jean-Herve Peron (Faust), James Johnston (Bad Seeds) Terry Edwards. Performance and exorcism were released as a vinyl "Fleet River Exorsism" to conncide with my solo show
- FAUST "Something Dirty" 12"vinyl and cd (Bureau B - Hamburg) 2012
- FAUST "10" 12" vinyl and cd (Fred Label) 2009
- …BENDER 'The Golden Heart' 10"vinyl (Tennor Vossa - London) 2006
- …BENDER "Run Aground" 12"vinyl album and cd 2005 (Tennor Vossa - London) 2005
- …BENDER "…BENDER" 2004 12"vinyl album and cd (Tennor Vossa - London) 2004
- Studio Assistant (4 years) for Jake and Dinos Chapman (White Cube), rebuilding 'Hell' 2004-2007.
- Member of seminal 'Krautrock' group FAUST since 2005.
- BA Hons Fine Art - Newcastle upon Tyne University
- MA Fine Art - Kingston University
- PGCert with Teaching and Learning in Higher Education - Kingston University
2015 Geraldine Swayne "What do you want…?" Wall Street International
2014 "Top ten Crossover Artists" - Dazed Magizine
2014 "Geraldine Swayne interviews Lee Maelzer" - Turps Banana
2012 "Geraldine Swayne" feature - Candid Magasine
2010 FAD Magazine http://www.fadwebsite.com/2012/04/23/geraldine-swayne-answers-fads-questions-toaffad-eight/
2010 Harry Pye, Billy Childish and Geraldine Swayne interview - Rebel Magazine
2010 Faust - Rolling Stone Magazine
2009 "Harry Pye's 15 Future Art Stars" - Saachi Magazine
2009 Faust - Wire Magazine
2009 "Intimate Strangers" - Saachi Magazine
2008 Douglas Park essay commissioned for Fresh Air Machine
2007 "Bid for Ken"- Guardian Newspaper
SELECTED DIGITAL EFFECTS AND FILM MAKING
- 2d graphics and paint-artist in the UK's first digital special effects facility, CFC, and also trained designers at CFC Los Angeles 1991-2004
- Video department technician in Wilem Dafoe and Liz LeCompte's experimental theatre company, 'The Performing Garage', New York 2001.
- Directed the world's first super-8 to Imax film 'EastEnd' with Miriam Golyes and Nick Cave 1999.
- Assistant camera for director ken Russell's feature 'Fall of the Louse of Usher' 2002
- Shot five documentaries on super-8 for exhibition 'Branding the Individual' at the V&A Museum,